Watercolours for absolute beginners
Start date: 15th Sep 2021
Time: 09:45 - 11:45
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Hannah Alderson
Course code: AU21009
This course aims: To introduce pupils to watercolour techniques in a supportive and informative way. Skills will be demonstrated and time will be given to explore and develop these skills while building confidence in using this medium.
This hands on course aims to teach the skills involved in using watercolours at beginner level.
● learn the importance of high quality watercolour equipment
● experience using different papers when painting with watercolours
● learn how to mix colours effectively
● explore a range of applications
● explore dry versus wet techniques
● explore manipulating colour and textures
● use watercolour washes
● learn how to create light and dark tone
● learn how to layer watercolours effectively.