Ukulele for Improvers
Start date: 22nd Sep 2022
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Alison Lyon
Course code: 22AU105
If you've already got the ukulele bug and want to build on your skills, this course is for you. You've probably got a repertoire of 16 or more chords at your finger tips and may be confidently strumming your way through every song book on the internet.
If you'd now like to take your playing up a notch it's time to:
- add some finger-picking patterns
- add some variety and interest to our strumming with some damping, palm-muting, pinky muting or golpe
- and maybe get a bit fancy with the occasional slide, hammer-on or pull-off.
It all really depends on where you're already up to, but we can also:
- have some fun with some moveable chord shapes
- venture up The Other End of the fret-board
- learn a couple of the techniques that made George Formby a strumming star
- try a few less common rhythms and riffs
- talk a bit of music theory (but only if you want to)
- learn to read "tab" notation to get more info from the written materials we come across.
Not as swotty as it sounds. mainly, we'll be having a bit of fun. Come and join us - the more the merrier!