Spanish Pre Intermediate
Start date: 14th Jul 2020
Time: 09:15 - 11:15
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Sebastian Rodriguez
Course code: 20SU129
This course is for:
Students who have done at least two years of Spanish. It’s a continuation from Year 2 Elementary.
For the first session students will need:
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts /worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
Optional book to discuss with teacher
This course aims to:
To consolidate the knowledge from years 1 and 2 and improve understanding of Spanish grammar and communication.
The course will cover:
Grammar: past tense (main pasts), future, conditional tense. punctuation, To be.
Topics: Shopping, Health and biography (plus others)
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Write connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
By the end of the course:
By the end of the course students will have consolidated the understanding of the basics of Spanish and will be able to talk about different topics in the present, past and future
You will be contacted by your tutor prior to the course starting with regard to the platform to be used.