Start date: 13th Jul 2020
Time: 09:15 - 11:15
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Sebastian Rodriguez
Course code: 20SU130
This course is for;
Students have completed two years of Spanish or have a basic knowledge of Spanish.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
- Talk about and summarise a book and/or film and describe their reaction.
- Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
This term will cover
- Give detailed descriptions of themselves and others, in the present and the past, and be able to compare others.
- Making comparisons of places and be able to exchange information before and now. Learn about different culture and costumes.
- Exchange detailed information about their home and locality, advantages and disadvantages. Past habits and parts of the body suggestions about illnesses and remedies.
- Exchange information on personal interests, talk about leisure facilities in the area.
- Make arrangements for an outing in detail. Dates/times/activities/places etc. Quality and quantity research.
You will be contacted by the tutor prior to the course starting with regard to the platform to be used.