Start date: 14th Jul 2020
Time: 11:30 - 13:30
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Sebastian Rodriguez
Course code: 20SU133
This course is for;
Students have completed at least six years of Spanish or have a good knowledge of Spanish.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Easily understand relatively long radio talks and radio programmes,
- Understand a wide range of written texts, including longer, more complex factual texts, commentaries and reports,
- Express yourself clearly and logically in essays on complex issues, choosing the right kind of expression to appeal to the reader,
- Verbally express yourself spontaneously and fluently, state your own opinions formulate your thoughts and views precisely and make detailed contributions of your own.
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
Nuevo Español en Marcha 4
A range of the following topics can be used according to learners’ interests:
- Cultural Studies (art, architecture, music, film, theatre, sport, religion, food and drink)
- Customs and Traditions
- Creative Writing
- Read and respond to Poetry or Songs
- Historical Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Current Affairs
- Social Studies (unemployment, immigration, substance abuse, housing, racism)
- General Studies (media, transport, education, tourism, geography, regions, health)
- Political Studies (electoral system, political parties, parliament)
- Literature (study of a novel, author, play)
- Fashion and Design
- Economic Issues (wealth and poverty contrast, poverty in the third world)
Europe (the EU and the European Parliament)
You will be contacted by the tutor prior to the class starting to be advised of the platform to be used.