Microsoft Word - Increase your skills
Start date: 20th Jan 2020
Time: 18:30 - 20:30
Duration: 4 weeks
Tutor: Wendy Thelwell
Course code: 20SP84
This course is for:
If you are in employment, seeking employment or just want to become more competent and learn more about Word then this course is for you.
The course focuses on teaching correct data entry in order to avoid common problems and so that students gain a thorough understanding of the Word interface, but then moves on to build up skills as detailed in the course content below.
The course aims to:
Equip students with the skills to be more competent and knowledgeable using Word.
The course will cover:
• Entering text and data correctly to avoid common problems and adjusting Word 2010/13 defaults,
• Document layout and spacing techniques plus indenting,
• Creating tables to organise data in rows/columns. Tables have many multi-functional uses,
• Applying bullets and numbered items correctly to avoid common errors,
• Formatting text (eg bold, underline, borders, applying different font styles),
• Using and customising Word’s Styles to prepare consistent documents and create a table of contents,
• Using shortcuts to simplify tasks.
• Other topics will be included according to students’ needs.
By the end of the course students should be able to:
Understand more fully the Word interface and use Word to produce consistent and accurate documents. Use relevant shortcuts.