Making your Own Podcast and YouTube
Start date: 25th Apr 2022
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 6 weeks
Tutor: Haydn Rees Jones
Course code: 22SU114
This course is for;
Podcasting and YouTube has been around for over a decade and people are tuning in to shows about their particular interests and businesses. Have you ever thought you would like to start a podcast and/or YouTube channel but don’t know where to start? Well this is the course for you. It will introduce you to some of the options you have to produce your own shows and broadcast them via the internet.
For the first session students will need;
Some ideas about the type of stories or content they want to produce.
There are no additional costs for the course
The course will cover
- What are the different ways you can produce podcasts and YouTube videos?
- Differences between free and paid for services?
- How can you make money from your content?
- What do you need to start producing your own shows?
- How to structure your content
- Recording and editing your podcasts and YouTube videos using free software
- Publishing your podcasts and YouTube videos
- Getting your podcasts and YouTube videos noticed
By the end of the course students should be able to will have a clearer understanding about what is needed to produce and publish podcasts online, using podcasting hosts and linking to podcast services such as iTunes Podcasts, etc. You will also know about creating videos and how to upload them to YouTube. Students will be able to structure their productions and have a clearer understanding of some of the legal issues regarding copyright.