Latin Intermediate - Discovering Latin Authors
Start date: 23rd Sep 2020
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Jim Carter
Course code: 20AU080
For participants with experience of Latin wishing to revise and extend using moderated authors’ texts.
This course is for:
• Anyone who would like to refresh their recent learning, in an up-to-date way, and move forward with more complex language features into richer detailed narratives.
• Anyone who wants to develop their learning to read Latin for pleasure
• Anyone who wants to extend their range of approaches to exercising their brain
• Anyone who has studied the Cambridge Latin course, book one or similar, basic introduction
This course aims to:
• Build on an introductory level of Latin, its vocabulary, syntax and sounds, via a well-structured coursebook that invites further, independent exploration
The course will cover:
• Moderated texts of increasing difficulty
• A thorough revision of the grammar met in previous years
• Referring to the Cambridge Latin Course for explanation, practice and further illustration
By the end of the course:
• Learners will be able to read and translate extended narratives and recognize how the language encountered works.