Japanese beginners term 4
Start date: 17th Jan 2022
Time: 18:30 - 20:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Mizumi Nango
Course code: SP22136
This course is for;
This course aims to provide the ideal introduction to the language, covering the basic language needed in everyday situations on a visit to Japan. It is for complete beginners or those who want to refresh their basic language skills.
This is term 4 of the course and learners have been studying Japanese for 30 weeks.
By the end of the course students should be able to
• Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type, such as phrases concerning immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
• Interact in a simple way to formulate what s/he is trying to say.
• Ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on familiar topics.
• Write a short, simple text describing her/himself.
• Fill in forms with personal details, for example entering her/his name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
• Write brief personal messages.
• Understand figures, quantities, times and prices.
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.