Italian Upper Intermediate Term 2
Start date: 20th Jan 2022
Time: 09:30 - 11:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Mel Criddle
Course code: SP22116
This course is suitable for students with over four years of Italian learning.
During the course you will learn to:
- Recognise and use the main features of grammar with confidence
- Listen effectively for specific details/general information, ideas and opinions from a range of sources.
- Use a range of 'repair strategies' to overcome communication breakdown
- Communicate adequately in a range of social, transactional and work-related situations
- Ask for and provide information on a range of topics. Seek and respond to ideas and opinions on a range of topics. Take part in varied discussions.
- Read texts in the target language to extract specific details and to identify general information, ideas and opinions from different types of source material (eg. play, poem, short story, extract from a novel, reports, newspaper articles etc)
- Write effectively in the target language for a range of purposes (eg. factual writing, informal and formal correspondence)
- Describe a range of differences between own language and culture and target language and culture