Start date: 24th Sep 2020
Time: 09:30 - 11:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Mel Criddle
Course code: 20AU062
The course is divided into three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to:
• Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
• Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow.
• Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
• Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
• Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
• In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
• Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
• Give reasons and opinions.
• Talk and summarise a book and or film and describe his/her reaction.
• Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.