Start date: 16th Sep 2019
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Rachael Ball
Course code: 19A166
This course is for;
This course aims to provide the ideal introduction to the language, covering the basic language needed in everyday situations on a visit to Italy. It is for complete beginners or those who want to refresh their basic language skills.
The course is divided in three terms and by the end of the three terms students should be able to get by in real life situations in Italy.
By the end of the course students should be able to
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type, such as phrases concerning immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- Interact in a simple way to formulate what s/he is trying to say.
- Ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on familiar topics.
- Write a short, simple text describing her/himself.
- Fill in forms with personal details, for example entering her/his name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
- Write brief personal messages.
- Understand figures, quantities, times and prices.
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
It is not necessary to buy a book as photocopies will be provided.
This term will cover
- Introduce yourself and others.
- Use a limited range of basic formalities and courtesies (thanks, apologies, enjoy your meal)
- Express difficulties with language (repeat, slow down, I don’t understand etc.)
- Hobbies and likes.
- Dealing with directions and at the tourist information office.