Greek Pre-Intermediate Term 1
Start date: 22nd Sep 2021
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Ruby Zakopoulou
Course code: AU21141
This course is for;
Students have completed two years of Greek or have a basic knowledge of Greek language.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
- Talk about and summarise a book and/or film and describe their reaction.
- Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
The tutor will suggest a textbook for you to buy.