Start date: 6th Jul 2020
Time: 18:15 - 19:45
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Ruby Zakopoulou
Course code: 20SU145
This course is for;
Students have completed a year of Greek or have a basic knowledge of the target language.
It is important that students are familiar with the Greek alphabet and reading.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings).
- Agree on something or make arrangements in everyday conversation.
- Handle very short social exchanges making him/herself understood in simple, routine situations
- Dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
- Describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
- Write short notes, letter and emails, for example thanking someone for something or asking information about something.
- Understand the main content of everyday conversations as well as brief radio announcements or phone messages,
- Obtain the most important information from short newspaper articles, everyday advertisements and public notice boards,
- Fill in ordinary forms in banks or government offices
For the first session students will need;
Pen and paper only. Students will be provided with handouts/worksheets which will be the basis of their studies. Book option can be discussed with students
This term will cover
- Revision of beginners.
- Fill ordinary forms in the bank
- Conversation at the post office-police station
- Writing short notes and e-mails
- Describe their home and surrounding area
- Making arrangements for a day out or a meeting
- Phone Conversation dialogues
- Grammar (present tense-past tense-nouns-adjectives)
Your tutor will contact you with regard to the platform to be used prior to the course starting.