German Pre-Intermediate 2
Start date: 16th Jan 2020
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Carol Whitehouse
Course code: 20SP108
This course is for:
Students who have completed 2/3 years of German or have a basic knowledge of German and who wish to consolidate and extend that knowledge.
The course is divided into three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
BBC Publication Talk German 2
This coursebook comes with 2 CD’s
If you are new to the course, please speak with the tutor before purchasing the above, as we will be moving on to a new coursebook towards the end of term.
This term will cover:
Talking about recent events and events in the more distant past, including holidays
- Talking about the weather
- Health – saying how you feel, describing symptoms and following instructions
- Making suggestions.
- Sending and replying to an invitation
- Following a recipe
- Talking about food and wine and expressing your appreciation