German Pre-Intermediate 1
Start date: 15th Jan 2020
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Carol Whitehouse
Course code: 20SP107
This course is for:
Students who have completed 2 years of German or have a basic knowledge of German and who wish to consolidate and extend that knowledge.
The course is divided into three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
BBC Publication Talk German 2
This course book comes with 2 CD’s
This term will cover:
- Describing clothes and other purchases
- Describing houses, reading property descriptions enquiring about renting a holiday house
- Asking the way and following directions
- Reporting something lost/stolen
- Talking about holiday plans
- Talking about previous holidays and other events in the past