Start date: 3rd Jun 2020
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Julia Gabler
Course code: 20SU154
This course is for:
Students who have completed 3 years of German or have a basic knowledge of German and who wish to consolidate and extend that knowledge.
The course is divided into three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to:
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
- Talk and summarise a book and or film and describe his/her reaction.
- Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
For the first session students will need:
pen and notepad and their Willkommen! Beginner’s Coursebook
We will continue using the Willkommen! German Beginner’s Course, but at a later stage in the term we will move on to Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate Course. If you are new to the class, please speak with tutor before making any purchase.
This term will cover:
- Talking about recent events and events in the more distant past.
- Saying where people live and what their homes are like.
- Discussing the pros and cons of city versus country life.
- Descriptions – clothes and other purchases
- Reporting weather conditions
You will be contacted by your tutor prior to the start of the course to inform you which platform you will be using.