German Intermediate 1
Start date: 30th Sep 2021
Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Carol Whitehouse
Course code: AU21111
This course is for:
Students who have completed 3 or more years of German or who have a good knowledge of German and wish to consolidate and extend that knowledge.
The course is divided into three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to:
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
- Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow.
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
- Give reasons and opinions.
- Talk and summarise a book and or film and describe his/her reaction.
- Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate Course.
This can be purchased as a coursebook set with 2CD’s and a DVD, but is also available just as coursebook