Start date: 20th Sep 2022
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Rachel Goodwin
Course code: 22AU168
This course is for;
Students have completed a year German or have a basic knowledge of the language.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
- Understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings).
- Agree on something or make arrangements in everyday conversation.
- Handle very short social exchanges making him/herself understood in simple, routine situations
- Dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
- Describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
- Write short notes, letter and emails, for example thanking someone for something or asking information about something.
- Understand the main content of everyday conversations as well as brief radio announcements or phone messages,
- Obtain the most important information from short newspaper articles, everyday advertisements and public notice boards,
- Fill in ordinary forms in banks or government offices