Start date: 13th Jan 2021
Time: 09:15 - 10:45
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Carol Whitehouse
Course code: 21SP064
This course is for:
Students who have done the Beginner's German course or who already have a basic knowledge of German.
Initially, students will revisit topics and language structures previously learnt, but will very quickly move on and extend their knowledge. Not for complete Beginners.
• Understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings).
• Agree on something or make arrangements in everyday conversation.
• Handle very short social exchanges making him/herself understood in simple, routine situations
• Deal with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
• Describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
• Write short notes, letter and emails, for example thanking someone for something or asking information about something.
• Understand the main content of everyday conversations as well as brief radio announcements or phone messages,
• Obtain the most important information from short newspaper articles, everyday advertisements and public notice boards,
• Fill in ordinary forms in banks or government offices
Willkommen! 1 Beginner’s Course