Start date: 13th Jan 2021
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Mel Criddle
Course code: 21SP097
Students have completed two years of French or have a basic knowledge of French language.
The course is divided in three terms (10 weeks each term) and by the end of the three terms students should be able to
• Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time, etc.
• Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
• Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language region.
• Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
• Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
• In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple way.
• Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and plans.
• Give reasons and opinions.
• Talk about and summarise a book and/or film and describe their reaction.
• Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.