Start date: 3rd Jun 2020
Time: 11:30 - 13:30
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Rima Bennett
Course code: 20SU111
This course is for;
Students have completed two years of French or have a basic knowledge of the target language.
The course is divided into 3 terms (10 weeks each term); by the end of the course students should be able to
- Understand key points when clear, standard language is used and the focus is on familiar topics associated with work, school, leisure time,
- Understand key points from radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal interest when the delivery is relatively slow and
- Deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in the language
- Express him/herself simply and coherently regarding familiar topics and areas of personal
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics which are familiar or of personal
- In the spoken production, report on experiences and events by connecting phrases in a simple
- Describe ideal holidays as well as make short statements to justify or explain his/her own views and
- Give reasons and
- Talk about and summarise a book and/or film and describe their
- Write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal
For the first session students will need;
a good dictionary and A4 folder with paper and pens/pencils. The tutor will provide worksheets which will be the basis of their studies.
Your tutor will contact you with regard to the platform to be used prior to the course starting.