French Elementary term 3
Start date: 10th May 2021
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Caroline McHugh
Course code: 21SU084
the aim of the course is to achieve the following over the period of 3 terms at this level.
• Understand sentences and commonly used expressions associated with topics directly related to his/her direct circumstances (e.g. personal information or information about his/her family, shopping, work, immediate surroundings).
• Agree on something or make arrangements in everyday conversation.
• Handle very short social exchanges making him/herself understood in simple, routine situations
• Dealing with a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and common topics.
• Describe his/her background and education, immediate surroundings and other things associated with immediate needs in a simple way.
• Write short notes, letter and emails, for example thanking someone for something or asking information about something.
• Understand the main content of everyday conversations as well as brief radio announcements or phone messages,
• Obtain the most important information from short newspaper articles, everyday advertisements and public notice boards,
• Fill in ordinary forms in banks or government offices