French Beginners Term 2
Start date: 8th Jan 2024
Time: 11:25 - 12:55
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Muriel Cordoba
Course code: 24SP096
This course is suitable for complete beginners.
During the course you will start to learn to:
- Introduce yourself (name, age, nationality, profession, hobbies etc.).
- Ask and answer simple questions about yourself and others.
- Use formal and informal ways of communicating.
- Understand and use phrases aimed to provide basic information (eg. public transport).
- Interact in a simple way to formulate what you are trying to say.
- Write a short, simple text presenting yourself.
- Fill in forms with personal details, for example entering your name, nationality and address on a registration form.
- Use numbers up to 100.
The class will concentrate on the use of language for communication using real-life tasks wherever possible. Pair and group work will be used to maximise the amount of time the language is used in class. In each lesson we will aim to cover the four skills- reading, speaking, listening and writing- and introduce some cultural aspects about daily life in France. The aim is to learn to communicate in French in a relaxed and fun way!
Book: Édito 1 Méthode de Français A1
Please do not purchase the book before you start the course. This can be done at a point you feel comfortable on the course. All you need to bring is yourself and a notepad and pen.