French Advanced Year 1
Start date: 4th Jan 2021
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
Duration: 10 weeks
Tutor: Yvonne Davies
Course code: 21SP061
This course is divided into three terms and by the end of the year students should be able to :
· Ask for or provide information on a range of topics. Seek and respond to ideas and opinions on a range of issues. Take part in varied discussions.
· Communicate appropriately in a range of social, transactional and work-related situations.
· Read texts in the target language to extract specific details and information from different types of source material such as press articles & literature
· Listen effectively for specific details / general information, ideas and opinions from a range of sources.
· Write effectively in the target language for a range of purposes
· Recognise and use the main features of French grammar with confidence.
This year the students will
1. discuss principal topics in the French Press and other issues relating to France.
2. learn about French-speaking areas outside mainland France
3. look at French gardens and the significance of French symbols from nature
4. explore French wine regions and particular French beverages
5. consider money matters & everyday transactions
6. look at the evolution & defence of the French language
7. improve grammatical knowledge, increase vocabulary range and practice communication skills
8. complete weekly homework assignment