Developing Drawing Skills
Start date: 10th Sep 2019
Time: 09:15 - 11:45
Duration: 6 weeks
Tutor: Sharon Carrick
Course code: 19A006
This course is for; Beginners to advanced learners
For the first session students will need;
All materials provided
Additional Costs; None
This course aims to use drawing exercises to develop observation and improve drawing skills using Charcoal, Graphite/ soluble graphite and hard pastel.
Progressive drawing exercises will address line, value, tone and texture.
This course is for beginners or advanced learners who want to build their core skills and become more confident with drawing mediums in a supportive learning environment.
Students will concentrate on observational studies of various scales. Each week they will use drawing mediums and explore how they can work effectively to produce depth, tone and interesting marks. covering a range of subjects from objects to landscapes.
Art is a continual learning process and this course would also give previous students the opportunity to progress their skills further, whilst exploring new techniques.
Students’ prior learning and their expectations about the course will be assessed by individual student discussions at the start of the course.
The course will cover:
- Understanding light and tonal value
- Addressing scale and proportion
- Learning to observe and record accurately
- Learning more about illustrating texture
- Using observational skills and working from still life reference
- Learning how to judge and correct to improve accuracy
- Evaluation of your learning journey will be measured by reviewing the work at the beginning and end of the course.
By the end of the course students should feel confident with their progress using a range of drawing materials and be able to judge, create and assess accurately in different mediums.