Crochet for calm - beginners
Start date: 3rd Nov 2021
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Duration: 5 weeks
Tutor: Lizzie Rosewood
Course code: AU21041
This course is for; Anyone wanting to learn to crochet
For the first session students will need; A notebook and pen. Crochet materials provided
Additional Costs; Non
The course aims:
- To enable students to learn the basic crochet stitches and follow a simple crochet pattern.
- To experience the relaxing mindfulness of crochet.
The course will cover:
- Types of yarn and hooks.
- Chain stitch and treble stitch.
- Making a traditional granny square
- Joining squares to make a blanket
- Following a simple pattern
By the end of the course students will:
- Have experienced the benefits of crochet to health and wellbeing.
- Know how to form chain and treble crochet stitches.
- Have made a crocheted granny square
- Know how to join granny squares together
- Understand how to follow a simple crochet pattern