Abstract painting using acrylic paints
Start date: 16th Sep 2019
Time: 18:45 - 21:15
Duration: 8 weeks
Tutor: Sally How
Course code: 19A090
This course is for; beginners to advanced learners
For the first session students will need; kitchen roll or old towel and wear old clothes or apron
All art materials provided
Additional Costs; None
This course aims to explore acrylic painting in an abstract way.
This is suitable for beginners who may not have tried acrylic painting before and want to begin to learn about painting. It is also suitable for artists who have painted before, but want to develop their abstract painting style.
It would also give previous students the opportunity to explore new challengers and progress their skills further.
This course is intended to be a fun and enjoyable evening in a supportive environment. Students will be encouraged to experiment and try new approaches to painting.
The course will cover
- Colour theory:
- Primary and secondary colours.
- Tertiary colours.
- Complementary colours
- Analogous colours.
- How to set out and use your palette. How to apply paint. How to keep it fresh. Tidying away.
- How to make abstract paintings. Where to start?
- How to develop a variety of different ideas for designing your composition.
- The importance of tone or value when painting.
- Learn how to apply paint to a variety of surfaces.
- Learning when to stop.
Students’ prior learning and their expectations about the course will be assessed by discussing with individual students at the start of the course.
By the end of the course students should feel confident in using acrylic paint and enjoy painting their own individual abstract paintings. They will know which paints, brushes and other tools to use.